We aim for affordability, quality and honesty
See how Boiler Doctor 247
can help you

13 March 2017

Gas Safety Certificate

Written by Simon Jones

Gas Safety Certificate

Gas safety certificates / CP12 landlord / Homeowners / Certs

Home owners, landlords and tenants all have a duty of care when it comes to gas appliances and gas in homes.

To make sure we are “gas safe” health and safety regulations as well as the government and Gas safe formerly known as Corgi have set out to protect us in a our homes. A specific set of testing procedures is now enforced for gas engineers to carry out to deem whether or not your appliances and pipework are safe to carry and burn gas efficiently and safely in the home.

These testing procedures are known as a Gas Safety Certificates or alternatively CP12. Below is a list of what a gas safety checks should be carried out:

  • Test the gas main for soundness (leaks)
  • Test appliances i.e: boiler cooker, gas fire for safe operation according to manufacturer’s instructions
  • Test for c0 /c02 levels where appropriate
  • Issue certificate if appliance and pipework deemed safe

Boiler Doctor 24/7 offers a fully comprehensive gas safety certificate and can repair any faults if found in order to make your home “Gas safe”. It is now the law that once a year a landlord needs to have these checks carried out as part of a planned maintenance routine.




You’re in safe hands
Trusted Partners




Customer Testimonials
 Boiler Doctor came and installed a brand new boiler for me 24 hours after my previous one packed up. 5 stars *****
Ronnald Cheow
Boiler Doctor Client 3
 I was very happy with the service Boiler Doctor provided and will 100% be using them again if needed in the future
Angie Camfield
Boiler Doctor Client 2
 Boiler Doctor were very nice to deal with and were able to fix my boiler very quickly. Totally recommend to anyone in need.
Maggy Bakerige
Boiler Doctor Client 1